How do I report a lost or found animal?
If you have lost or found an animal you may contact Animal Control at 847-599-2690, Monday thru Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (excluding holidays). After hours you may contact the Waukegan Police Department non-emergency number: 847-599-2608. You may also post photos of lost or found animals on our Facebook page: Waukegan Police Animal Control Facebook Page

Show All Answers

1. How do I report a lost or found animal?
2. Who do I call if I have a complaint about an animal (e.g. barking dog, dog running at large, well being check)?
3. How do I retrieve my animal after it has been impounded by Animal Control?
4. What are the fees charged by Animal Control in order to reclaim my animal?
5. What vaccinations do you offer for animals at Animal Control and what is the cost?
6. Do you offer microchipping of animals at Animal Control?
7. What do I do if I cannot keep my animal anymore?
8. Where can I find the city ordinance that regulates animals in the city of Waukegan?