Waukegan Fire Department is accepting Firefighter Applications now through Thursday, July 7th, 4pm.
How to Apply:
Firefighter Minimum Requirements:
- $35.00 non-refundable application fee
- Must be at least 21 years of age at time of hire
- US citizenship
- Must be at least 20 years old and less than 35 years of age at time of written exam, unless the individual falls under one of the exceptions to the statutory maximum hiring age detailed in 70 ILCS 705/16.06 or 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6.
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Valid driver’s license
- Be of good moral character and meet all requirements of the Waukegan Civil Service Commission Board and the State of Illinois.
Orientation and Testing Information:
Candidates must attend the mandatory 1.5-mile run and written examination on Saturday, August 6th. The 1.5-mile run will be held at 7:30am at Weiss Field, 100 N Lewis Avenue in Waukegan. The run must be completed in under 13 minutes. Failure to do so will mean you are no longer eligible to sit for the written exam. The written test will be held the same day with check-in beginning at 12:30pm. Arrive no later than 1pm with a photo ID (driver’s license, state ID, military ID) and a #2 pencil to sign in. There will be no late admittance. Testing will be held at Waukegan High School 2325 Brookside in Waukegan.
Contact IOS Recruitment at (800)-343-HIRE or email@example.com with questions regarding the application, required documents or testing.