Waukegan City Vehicle Stickers went on "Early Bird" sale Tuesday, March 1st and that pricing runs through Thursday, March 31st. This reduced price means passenger car owners pay $40.
Regular pricing will begin Friday, April 1st and run through Saturday, April 30th. The regular price for a passenger car is $45. After May 1st, the price for a passenger car will be $90.
Once City Stickers go on sale, they may be purchased online, through the mail, in-person at City Hall, and in-person in the following currency exchanges in the city (convenience fees may apply):
- Belvidere & Green Bay Currency Exchange at 2856 Belvidere Road
- New Grand & Green Bay Currency Exchange at 3200 Grand Avenue
- Washington & Lewis Currency Exchange at 1817 Washington Street
- New Washington & Sheridan Latino Currency Exchange at 126 Washington Street
- Latinos Multiservices, Inc. at 1304 Washington Street
The application may be downloaded here.
In addition, Mayor Ann B. Taylor announced at the January 18th City Council meeting (@ 1:37:36): "For those of you who don't purchase City Stickers, please know we will be changing our policy. We will be ticketing. City Stickers are mandatory. They are a way for us to keep our parking safe on the street, meaning that those who don't have City Stickers are taking up parking that residents who are paying [for] City Stickers and do live in those houses need to have available to them."
Waukegan Municipal Code Sec. 21-247