We are not currently accepting Lateral Applications
The Waukegan Police Department is accepting lateral appointment applications. Please see below for the minimum qualifications and the application.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- United States Citizen.
- Education - High School diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver's license.
- State of Illinois certification from the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board as a law enforcement officer (part time certification as a law enforcement officer does not meet this requirement).
- Experience - At least 2 years' experience as a full time sworn certified law enforcement officer within the 3 years preceding the date of application.
- Possess the particular knowledge, skills, abilities, and level of experience required pursuant to the call for qualified lateral appointment applicants. A person currently ranked on an eligible register for entry level Police Officer may apply for a lateral appointment.
- Be able to successfully pass a psychological screening, medical and drug test, and extensive personal interview and background examinations.
- Be of good moral character
If you meet the minimum qualifications above, please click on the link below for the application. PLEASE READ THE APPLICATION COMPLETELY. THE APPLICATION MUST BE SUBMITTED TO firstname.lastname@example.org. THE SUBJECT LINE SHOULD READ "2023 LATERAL APPOINTMENT APPLICATION".