Permits are required for all NEW, replacement, pit ladder installation, variances and all modifications on existing passenger elevators, freight elevators, escalators, vertical platform lifts (VPL), dumbwaiters, staircase and wheelchair lifts within the City of Waukegan
If you have questions regarding Semi Annual Elevator Inspections please reference ELEVATOR SEMI ANNUAL INSPECTIONS
Processing of each application may take up to 21 business days during construction season.
All applications need to be submitted online at this time
PERMIT APPLICATION must include the following attachments:
- Copy of the Proposal/Contract between Contractor and Property owner, signed by both parties that includes a written scope of work to be performed
- Specification Drawings submitted online as an attachment to the Waukegan Building Department AND three (3) hard copies mailed directly to: Thompson Elevator, 830 East Rand Road Unit 10, Mount Prospect, IL 60056
- Proper contractor registration (see below)
All contractors need to be registered with the City of Waukegan CONTRACTOR REGISTRATION APPLICATION. The following items are required with your registration:
- COI (Certificate of Insurance) includes; comprehensive liability general aggregate $2,000,000, proof of workers compensation, CITY OF WAUKEGAN, AS ADDITIONAL INSURED
- Copy of State of Illinois Elevator License
- $100.00 Annual Registration Fee
NEW CONSTRUCTION AND MODIFICATION INSPECTIONS ARE SCHEDULED DIRECTLY WITH THOMPSON ELEVATOR INSPECTION SERVICES 847-296-5424 email email@example.com
Permit pricing is calculated based on the amount of the contract, minimum of $125.00. Plan Review and Inspection Fees of are based on the type of work submitted with a minimum of $150.00. Variance fees are a minimum of $200.00. Permit Fees will be doubled for any work started without an official permit posted.
DIGITAL PERMIT COPIES MUST BE MADE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST WHILE WORK IS BEING COMPLETED