The novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has required drastic changes in how all of us live, work and socialize for over one year now. Illinois is currently in Phase 5 of Restore Illinois.
Links to the latest COVID-19 vaccination information
- As of Monday, August 2, 2021, face coverings will once again be required in all City of Waukegan facilities for all individuals ages two and older, regardless of vaccination status. Exceptions will be made for individuals who are not able to medically tolerate face coverings. Click here to download the mask poster.
- 2021-EO-01: MAYORAL EMERGENCY ORDER REPEALING AND REPLACING MAYORAL EMERGENCY ORDER 2020-EO-16 REQUIRING THE USE OF FACE COVERINGS as of Friday, May 28, 2021.
- 2021-EO-01 ORDEN DE EMERGENCIA MAYORAL QUE REVOCA Y REEMPLAZA ORDEN DE EMERGENCIA MAYORAL 2020-EO-16 QUE REQUIERE EL USO DE CUBIERTAS FACIALES a partir del viernes 28 de mayo de 2021.
- COVID-19 vaccinations are open to anyone age 12+. Register a vaccine at AllVax. Additionally, the community-based facility at 102 W. Water Street takes welcomes walk-ins with no appointment on Sundays from 8am - 4pm.
- More information about eligibility for the vaccine from the Lake County Health Department may be found here.
- Waukegan Township Park Place is registering seniors for vaccinations at Oak Street Health at 3210 Grand Avenue: 847-244-9242 or Lnava@waukegantownship.com The senior must live within 10 miles of Oak Street Health.
- Information about registering with Walgreen's: https://www.walgreens.com/findcare/vaccination/covid-19
- Information about registering with Jewel-Osco: https://www.jewelosco.com/pharmacy/covid-19.html
- In addition to the information above, an Illinois Vaccination Location may be found here.
Links to the latest Waukegan-specific information about COVID-19
- Access the Lake County Federal Emergency Rental Assistance Program here. The Program is open to Lake County renters who face COVID-19-related financial hardship.
- To access information about Community Based COVID-19 Testing Facility in Waukegan, click here.
- To access the Mayor’s Emergency Orders brought on by COVID-19, click here.
- To access current News Flash items from the City, click here.
- To keep up with the latest posts on the City’s Facebook page, click here.
- To access Water Department information about flushing your water lines as you re-open your business, click here.
- To see Waukegan Park District updates due to COVID-19, click here.
- To access the Waukegan Public School District #60’s Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and updates. click here.
Other COVID-19 Information
- To access the Lake County Health Department COVID-19 information, click here.
- To access the Lake County Health Department COVID-19 data hub and interactive dashboard, click here.
- To access resources for veterans, call (847) 377-3344.
- To access reopening guidelines for small businesses, click here.
- To access the Restore Illinois information, click here.
- To access the latest information about COVID-19 in the state of Illinois, click here.
- To access Illinois Department of Public Health Resources, click here.
- To access the Illinois Department of Human Services Resource page, click here.
- To access Emergency Small Business Grants and Loans Assistance, click here.
- To access federal government information about COVID-19, click here.
- To access information from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), click here.
- To access "What Older Adults Need to Know about COVID-19 Vaccines", click here.
- To access information about COVID-19 scams, click here.
Other General Information
- To purchase a vehicle sticker or pet license, click here.
- To access water accounts and pay online, click here. Or, to pay water bills, call 866-414-8539.
- To access Lake County resources put together by United Way of Lake County, click here. Or call 211.
- To access the Illinois Secretary of State offices an drivers’ service information, click here.
- To access CDC information about wearing and instructions on making face coverings/masks, click here.
- To access apps for seniors, click here.
- To access job opportunities and career resource information, click here.
- To access a food pantry locator, click here.