Traffic / Records
The most significant function of the Traffic Division is the investigation and reconstruction of crashes involving serious injuries or fatalities.
The Traffic Division is also responsible for the planning and implementation of traffic safety and security plans for special events throughout the city, as well as the following:
- Hit & Run Accident Tracking
- Traffic Safety Enforcement Grant Administration
- Vehicle Reclamation
- Red Light Photo Enforcement Program Administration
- Parking Enforcement
- Taxi Ordinance Enforcement
- Bicycle Registration
The Records Division is responsible for processing computerized and written reports, as well as entering all pertinent information from these reports into the Records Management System.
Their tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Record and file all moving citations issued by Officers, as well as the preparation of these files for court
- Request certified driving records from Secretary of State for court purposes
- Maintain correspondence with the State's Attorney Office regarding court notifications
- Process Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Requests
- Receive and process incoming subpoenas
- Collection of Traffic Stop Data
- Notify victims and witnesses for Branch Court
Juvenile Arrest Expungement Forms
Illinois Law allows persons with certain juvenile arrest records to have those arrest records expunged after they turn 18 years of age.