Please Note: The Office of the Waukegan City Clerk only maintains birth records for a period of 10 years from the date of birth. For birth records beyond this time period, please contact the Lake County Clerk’s Office.
Requesting a record by mail:
- Complete all information on the request form: Birth Record Request Form (PDF)
- Make a legible photocopy of your identification
- Write check or money order payable to 'City of Waukegan'
- Include a large, self-address, stamped envelope
- Mail all items to:
OFFICE OF THE WAUKEGAN CITY CLERK
ATTN: VITAL RECORDS
100 N. MARTIN LUTHER KING JR, AVE
WAUKEGAN, ILLINOIS 60085
Who Can Access Birth Records
Access to birth records is restricted. Birth records are available only to:
- The parent of the person named in the record (must provide valid ID).
- A legal guardian who provides proof of court appointment (must provide valid ID).